Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Putting My New Studio to Use!

If you've read my recent blog post or are one of my Facebook friends, you know that we recently moved after more than a year of being in what can only be referred to as chaos!  I had at least three options for where to locate my studio in our new home.  After careful consideration of each one, I chose to put it in the closet in the office.  I began setting up my studio immediately after we moved in.

My work table was stored in a friend's garage and we had some challenges in coordinating our schedules to get it.  As soon as my table arrived, though, I got to work.  I had decided a few weeks ago that I would like to make a pansy.

The pansy on the left was my first attempt prior to the move.  As you can see, one of the petals broke off.  I finished the middle one just before we moved.  I made it smaller with slightly thicker petals.  As I was fiddling with it to prepare to make it into a pendant, I realized one of the petals on it was also broken although it didn't break completely off.  Third time's a charm, right?  Once my table was set up, I got busy and made a third one.  I did it a little differently and it seems to have worked!   I showed them to a friend who commented on how realistic they look!


Here's the finished pendant.  I wanted to use some gold mica powder in the middle, but I couldn't find it until after it was curing in the oven!  I decided to use some fine glitter instead and I rather like how it turned out.
















This pendant was a gift, so I boxed it up and delivered it a few days ago.  The recipient was delighted!  Time to move on to other things...

No comments:

Post a Comment