Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Coming Attractions!

What seems like eons ago, I hand-crafted poinsettias, one petal at a time, and then painted them.  It was tedious work and took a lot of time.  A couple of days ago, I figured out how to do them a much easier way.  Of course, I am using colored clay not and not painting them.  I didn't actually figure this out on my own.  I've been intending to get the tutorial from Cindy Lietz, the Polymer Clay Tutor, but after looking at some that were posted on her Facebook page and looking at the intro to the tutorial and list of supplies, I figured out how she did them. Now, that doesn't mean that I won't eventually get the tutorial because I'm quite sure she has some tips and tricks up her sleeve!  She usually does.  Besides, I want ALL of her tutorials!

Here's a sneak peak at my first attempt at making them this way.  This is before curing.  
This was when I had just figured out what to do. I made the pieces and just laid them together. I didn't have the right thing to adhere them, so had to go pick that up before finishing.

The larger flower is the same one as above. I made two smaller ones to create a pendant and earring set.  The completed flowers were brushed with gold Pearl-Ex powder.  This particular set will not be for sale due to the brittleness of the pink clay.  However, I will be making another set like this.

I don't know how I'm going to fit in making more in the next few days, but I'm going to give it a shot and hope to have some in a variety of colors in my shop within the next week.  I also plan on having some Christmas trees done (I just had an idea to make those even better!) and maybe a few other little surprises!

No comments:

Post a Comment